Pet Care items by Cattus Toys - These Cat Scratchers are easy to mount on the wall and promote good nail health and activity.
Scratching posts are made with a three stage sanding process to bring out the natural wood tones and textures. These scratch pads are environmentally friendly. By highlighting the natural wood our scratching posts are free from any harsh chemicals as it is not stained or varnished. Providing environmentally friendly scratchers that are safe for your cat and family.
This is a sturdy Scratch Pad your cat is sure to love! The board can be mounted onto the wall or lay flat on the floor.
Width 5 1/2"
Is your playful kitty scratching up your sofa and furniture? Perhaps a scratch pad is the fix! Here are some tips to make sure your cat loves their new scratcher;
- Make sure his introduction is a pleasant one! Have treats at the ready.
- Make sure the scratch pad is firmly mounted on the wall or is laying flat on the floor (you wouldn't want kitty to get startled if it were to fall off the wall!)
- Let you kitty explore the scratch pad with no pressure, leaving their sent on the new item. (you can always rub some catnip or your own scent to help this process)
- Try scratching the pad yourself (show kitty how to do it!) but do not force kitty to scratch it.
- Feed treats or reward kitty after any interactions with the scratch pad.
While training our cat Pickles, if she would scratch the sofa we would say "scratch your box**" and scratch her pad with our own hands. If she came over and scratched we would immediately say "good kitty" feed her a treat, give her pets and chin scritches (her favorite!). It took some time and effort but now if she starts scratching the sofa or rug she will automatically go to her scratch pad when we say "Pickles, scratch your box".